Not one single thing about our adoption has gone the way that I thought it would. Years ago I imagined writing the post in which I gloriously announce our court date.
Even that didn’t happen.
We got a tentative court date. But only for one of the boys.
It stayed tentative.
And it stayed tentative.
…Yesterday it was confirmed for July 9th.
But only for one.
My heart is just broken into a million pieces right now. We have about two days to make huge decisions.
We can go get one and leave the other until he gets a court date, which not only would be devastating and difficult, but would stretch well beyond our time and financial resources.
We can defer the court date we have and hope for a joint court date this fall. All likelihood points to a much longer wait than that though.
We are also considering changing lawyers which would be a financial and time issue, but at this point it looks like we will have that anyway.
What I’m trying to say is that we need prayer. So much prayer. I don’t even know what to ask you to pray for, but that God’s will be done. Please join us on our knees for the next two days to cry out to God to bring our boys home. He is bigger than all this mess. He can do this. We just need clarity in how to move forward.
Thanks village. I love you guys.